So you are in your daily exercise regimen, feeling great and then all of a sudden you get stuck. Do you think, “where do I go from here” ? I often here this from many clients. Does this sound like you? Do you get bored, hit a plateau or just don’t know what’s the next step? Here are 3 new steps to keep you going.
1. Set a new goal or what I like to call “Create a new Habit”
If your first goal was to exercise 3 times a week maybe add a 4th day. Or if your water intake isn’t so hot, set a goal in ounces to achieve each day. How about your Fit bit? Add more steps. When I hear this from a client I usually ask them what they achieved so far, then we push it a little further. For example, a recent client has been out of the exercise world for a while and her first goal was to just START. Now we are adding a goal of water in ounces each day, increased her Fit bit steps and changed some nutrition. I encourage you to set a new goal and create a new habit.
2. Plateau? Let’s talk nutrition
So you aren’t losing anymore weight and you are stuck. You have hit the PLATEAU. A word we all hate and use so much because we don’t know what to do. If this is you, let’s set a new goal with your nutrition habits. If it’s breakfast I suggest a shake because it’s easy, tasty and realistic for the mom on the go. One step further? Add some wheatgrass, Flaxseed and some fruit. If it’s lunch, add some whole foods. I highly recommend lentils and veggies. They are filling and super good for your body. Snack on nuts, seeds and veggies. Stay away from the crackers.
So you are doing the same workout day in and day out. It seems like Groundhog Day. It happens all too often, which is why we see all the infomercials for the latest and greatest new exercise fads. They are great but here are a few ideas I recommend.
1. Grab a buddy. There’s nothing better when you don’t feel like going for your jog and you get a text from your running partner and she says “Let’s Go, Its beautiful out!” Yes, it happens to me too!
2. Hire a trainer. Hire a trainer for one session or maybe once a week to keep you accountable until you get in the groove again.
3. Join an online challenge. A great way to stay motivated and meet new people. People like you, who have fitness goals.
*If you like what you saw, please like and share this article. ALSO, if you share this article from my website I will send you my “go to” lunch recipe!
Have an awesome day,